Job Category: Regional Sales Manager - Long Island/Metro NY
Job Description:Ensure compliance in all areas of operational activity and drive sales and profitability through the performance and development of store managers, while managing with pre-established budgets.
• To ensure the delivery of an exceptional customer sales experience throughout stores in the region.
• To ensure compliance in all areas of operational activity and drive sales and profitability through the performance and development of store managers, while managing with pre-established budgets.
Key Result Areas
• To pro-actively contribute to the formulation and direction of the retail strategy and implement projects and trials for the region.
• To support the management of customer service activities and staff competence so as to optimize and sustain sales performance and customer satisfaction,
• To effectively manage the P&L within allocated budget in order to affect a profitable performance for the region.
• To manage payroll budgets in line with regional sales performance,
• To ensure that all stores adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures,
• To clearly and concisely communicate business and regional objectives to managers so that they remain well informed of business activity and of their required contribution to targets,
• To achieve inventory control targets in line with company guidelines to prevent financial loss,
• To identify under performing stores and develop a business plan to address and manage issues effectively,
• To achieve successful mystery shop results through the development and training of managers,
• To ensure that the visual presentation of all stores represents the brand image,
• To support the delivery of all marketing campaigns,
• To develop an effective network of communication across the region to ensure shared knowledge and understanding of business activity
• To encourage managers to seek and continuously develop knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business forward.
• To encourage managers to identify trends and make suggestions to improve and enhance product performance to drive brand achievement,
• To effectively manage the performance and development of store managers to drive and maximize the sales performance throughout the region.
• To plan for succession in the region through the identification of individuals with potential for development and growth,
• To create a positive environment that results in stable retention and a reduction of labor turnover.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the National Sales Manager.
• To achieve regional sales targets as directed by the National Sales Manager
• To achieve inventory loss targets as directed by the National Sales Manager
• To achieve all compliance requirements with regard to, policies, procedures, payments, and security for the district
• To achieve budget targets in line with regional sales performance
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to manage and develop a positive and productive management team
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills
• Highly organized with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change
• Self starter, with exceptional communication skills
• Ability to train and develop the skill and knowledge of direct reports
• Previous multi site area/retail management experience